Morton House circa 1903

-An Early Photograph of the Morton House on Orange Street-
This Queen Anne Cottage was home to Annie Morton from age 10
until she died in 1976 at the age of 82.


The 1997 Ruth Little Survey recorded: Morton House 1900. Very intact, 1 1/2-story, gable and wind Queen Anne cottage. Plain siding, molded eaves with returns, front gable end bay window with paneled apron, central flared cross gable with tripartite 1/1 sash, and circular turret. 1 exterior and 1 interior end chimney, 2/2 sash, original arched-light front door with sidelights and transom, and wrap-around porch with turned posts, railing, spindle frieze, and sawnwork brackets. This house was built in 1900 for D.W. Morton, and occupied until after 1970 by his daughter, Annie L. Morton. (Wrenn file, Kell) Side-gable garage and shed circa 1900.